- Duration: 2 hours
- Price: 250 € / group
- Max. 35 persons
- Meeting Point: Dreieinigkeits-Kirche
Hamburg known as Germany's "left-wing stronghold" has a vibrant LGBTQ+ community. Let's journey through the district of Sankt George and Sankt Pauli. Here we will encounter everything from the luxury cafes of the Langereihe to the wild bars of Oliva Jones!
This tour is ideal for those who want to learn about not only the day-to-day buzz of Hamburg's LGBTQ+ scene but also about the achievements of prominent members of the community which far extend the boundaries of our city.
This tour will cover the following stops and topics:
- Historical persecution LGBTQ+ persons
- The roaring 20's
- The road to decriminalisation
- Sex work in the community
- Christopher Street Day
- Sankt Georg district
- LGBTQ+ Cafe, Bar and Restaurants
- Olivia Jones queen of Sankt Pauli
- Talstraße LGBTQ party street
- "Gay Kino" cruising scene
- The road to greater social integration
- Casa Blanca and the HIV crisis
- "Marriage for Everyone"
- Stignatisation and acceptance in modern Germany
The tour will be a walking tour with public transit with a light activity level. A short break is included in the middle of the tour. Public transit tickets are NOT included in the price of the tour.
- Pick-up and Drop-off service
- Doing the tour using E-bike
- Ending the the tour with a boat trip
- Public transit ticket
Note: For these or any other add-ons or modifications please contact us directly.
Guests who like this tour often also enjoy the...